|Model Name/Number||Castrol Tribol 800 Series|
|Pack Sizes LT/KG||188 Liters/ Barrel|
|ISO Viscosity Grade||150|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445, cSt at 40 degree Celsius||150|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445, cSt at 100 degree Celsius||26|
Castrol Tribol™ 800 Series synthetic gear oils were developed for the lubrication of heavily loaded gears, bushings and bearings, which may operate over a broad range of ambient temperatures at elevated temperatures (>80o C). They are particularly intended to extend the service life of both lubricant and machine parts where unusually high operating and oil reservoir temperatures are encountered.
The Tribol 800 oils include seven ISO Viscosity Grades including: 150 through 2200, which correspond to AGMA Gear Oil Numbers 4EP through 8A EP respectively.
Tribol 800 Series synthetic gear oils were developed to fulfil the following objectives:
• Sustained oil reservoir temperatures of 90°C with exposure to temperatures approaching 200°C.
• Very high viscosity index (VI) for viscosity-temperature stability without the use of VI improvers which can shear in service.
• Anti-wear and extreme pressure (EP) performance characteristics exceeding AGMA requirements for EP gear oils.
The high performance characteristics of Tribol 800 Series synthetic gear oils are achieved with select polyglycol based synthetic fluids. They feature chemical and thermal stability (high viscosity index), water solubility, and compatibility with metals and elastomers most commonly used in machine construction.
The naturally high resistance to oxidation of the synthetic base fluid is further enhanced by inhibitors. Corrosion protection is very effective even in the presence of water. A fully dissolved package of high performance additives act in combination for superior anti-wear and EP performance.Applications
Tribol 800 Series synthetic gear oils are especially suited to reservoirs and circulation systems operating at high temperatures because of heat generated in severe service or high temperatures in the application. Tribol 800 Series gear oils are intended for all types of heavily loaded gears including spur, bevel, and worm gears.
Although well suited for all types of gearing and bearings, Tribol 800 Series oils are particularly effective in controlling wear and reducing friction between sliding surfaces. In addition, they possess a high degree of affinity for cupric metal alloys. Advantages
• Shear stability – the synthetic base offers high viscosity index without the addition of VI improvers. In service, VI improvers can shear, lowering oil viscosity and reducing protection critical for gear sets and bearings. The naturally high VI of Tribol 800 Series assures full protection for components over a wide range of operating temperatures, speed, and load conditions.
• Long life, extended drain intervals are possible because of the natural aging and oxidation resistance of the synthetic base fluid. Advanced Tribol lubrication technology forms friction-fighting, anti-wear films that can significantly reduce local operating temperatures as gear teeth or bearing surfaces come into contact.
• More protection for components in severe service. The extended EP performance of Tribol 800 gear oils offers protection beyond the capabilities of conventional petroleum oils.
• Wear protection under conditions of extreme temperature fluctuation and high loads.
• High efficiency and lower oil temperature, especially in worm gear units.
• High corrosion protection of cast and steel surfaces through special additive packages, even in the presence of water.
• Compatibility with non-ferrous metals through well-formulated synergistic additives.
• Potential energy savings as a result of a lower coefficient of friction.
• Reduction of maintenance costs as a result of significantly increased life of the lubricant.